More information about the project can be found by downloading the Project Information Sheet (PDF).
The City and its partners are committed to engaging with and keeping the community informed about the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook redevelopment. A series of focused community conversations pertaining to this vital project will be held in the coming months. Past meetings topics have included Parking and Traffic Community Workshop and Public Spaces and Connectivity Open House. View and download the full framework of meetings (PDF). Materials from these meetings will be posted below as the timeline is updated. The City also welcomes comments from residents; a comments section is provided at the bottom of this page.
Updated Project Vision and Goals
Strengthen the Cedar-Lee District and businesses city-wide, provide a greater range of residential opportunities, and enhance the desirability of the City of Cleveland Heights through inspired new mixed-use development.
Goal #1: Promote Cleveland Heights’ rich legacy and progressive future
Objective 1: Build upon the strong sense of community here
Objective 2: Celebrate the approach that All Are Welcome
Objective 3: Realize the vision of multiple planning efforts, including the City’s Master Plan
Goal #2: Support Cedar-Lee businesses, residents and visitors
Objective 1: Design thoughtfully for the immediate context – buildings, public spaces, parking and infrastructure
Objective 2: Provide a coordinated construction process that openly communicates with owners, tenants, customers and residents
Objective 3: Welcome upwards of 300 new customers that live in the district
Goal #3: Provide new housing options for Cleveland Heights
Objective 1: Create options for residents who want to age in place
Objective 2: Provide new types of residential amenities that strengthen the city’s ability to compete
Objective 3: Build new homes within steps of the district’s rich offerings
Goal #4: Create integrated, inclusive and connected public spaces
Objective 1: Provide a range of flexible outdoor spaces that support different activities
Objective 2: Reflect the Cleveland Heights community through design and amenities (benches, landscaping, places to sit)
Objective 3: Incorporate community input and ideas
Goal #5: Capitalize on recent district investments
Objective 1: Fully utilize the parking garage and reimagine surface parking
Objective 2: Connect to the Lee Road streetscape
Objective 3: Reinforce recent storefront, building and campus renovation projects
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- September 1, 2021 - Planning and Development Committee of Council Focus Group Meeting on Urban Design / Public Viewing and Urban Design Open House - The Planning & Development Committee hosted a focus group meeting on urban design in City Chambers. The public was able to view the live-stream of the meeting and interact in an urban design open house in the Atrium at the same time.
- August 11, 2021 - Public Spaces & Connectivity Open House - Members of the public attended an open house hosted by the City in the atrium of City Hall to discuss, interact, and share opinions on the types of gathering spaces and how the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook redevelopment project can facilitate connectivity between the Cedar-Lee business district and adjacent residential areas. The meeting was the second of many with the community.
- August 5, 2021 - Kick-Off Parking & Traffic Community Workshop- The conversations about the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook redevelopment project successfully kicked off with community workshop at the Lee Road Library. Approximately 50 members of the community attended and interacted with City staff and its consultants about parking, traffic, and other concerns or ideas in the Cedar-Lee District. The meeting is the first of many with the community.
City Council approves moving forward with Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook MOU.
- Revitalization of Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Site Begins Press Release - June 29, 2021
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Memorandum of Understanding (PDF) - Signed 7-13-2021
City Council has approved the start of negotiations on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the development of the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook site with Flaherty & Collins. The submitted proposal and presentation slides made to City Council are below:
- Flaherty & Collins Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook RFQ-RFP Response (PDF)
- Flaherty & Collins and City Architecture Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Council Presentation Slides (PDF)
The City welcomes input from residents regarding the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook. Please use the form below to submit your comments. Comments that have been submitted to the City may be viewed at the link below.
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Compiled Public Comments (PDF) - Updated 3/29/2021
Comments submitted to City Council in advance of selecting a development partner
Central to the City of Cleveland Heights moving forward with the Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook redevelopment is the sharing of community ideas. Recognizing that not everyone is able to participate in community meetings, we want to provide an additional online forum to gather feedback. A comment form is below. We have also provided a specific question to gather your feedback on but the form is not limited to only a response to that question. Please check back regularly, as we will be adding new questions periodically.
- Previous Comments (PDF) - Updated 8/11/2021
To best support businesses, residents and visitors, creative parking solutions are necessary. Would you use a valet parking option for restaurants? The theater? Other uses along Lee Road? What would make that appealing or convenient for you?