Refuse and Recycling Cart Homepage
Because of supply chain issues with the delivery of collection trucks, the automation of Cleveland Heights refuse and recycling has been pushed back to Spring of 2022.
The distribution of trash and recycling bins is also delayed. Once we receive delivery of our automated collection trucks, the date the program begins will be announced.
The new refuse & recycling carts will have two wheels, large handles, and weather resistant lids to help make recycling easier and keep our streets clean.
Each Residential Unit will receive one 96 Gallon Refuse Cart and one 64 Gallon Recycling Cart. Participation in the program is mandatory. The city received a grant for Recycling Carts and one of the grant requirements is that each household must minimally receive a 64 Gallon recycling cart for recycling that is collected on a weekly basis.
Refuse Cart Capacities and Sizes
- 96 Gallon Refuse Cart – Approximately 28” Wide x 32” Deep x 43” Tall – Holds approximately 7-8 Tall Garbage Bags
- 64 Gallon Refuse Cart - Approximately 24” Wide x 27” Deep x 41” Tall – Holds approximately 4-5 Tall Garbage Bags
- 32 Gallon Refuse Cart – Approximately 18” Wide x 24” Deep x 37.5” Tall – Holds approximately 2-3 Tall Garbage Bags
Recycling Cart Capacities and Size
Recycling should be placed loosely in this cart.
- 64 Gallon Recycling Cart – Approximately 24” Wide x 27” Deep x 41” Tall
- 32 Gallon Recycling Cart - Approximately 18” Wide x 24” Deep x 37.5” Tall
- Do I have to order my refuse and recycling cart?
- Can I order a smaller refuse and/or recycling cart?
- I’m a senior and I’m not sure if I need a small cart and what size would be best?
- I’m a disabled individual, and I currently participate in the city’s disability assistance program for weekly collection. Will I still need carts, and will the City continue to collect them in the usu
- I live in a single person household, but I’m not a senior and I do not generate a lot of refuse or recycling on a weekly basis, can I opt for a smaller refuse and/or recycling cart?
- I own a duplex/2-family home. Will I get a cart for each unit?
- I already have an extra cart. Can I use it?
- When will the carts be delivered and when will the new system be in place?
- How will I know when my carts are going to be delivered, how long will the delivery process take, and will there be educational materials included?
- I read on the City’s cart ordering page that the City received a grant towards the purchase of recycling carts, does this apply to smaller carts as well?
- Once the new cart system is in place, what will go in the recycling carts?
- Does cardboard go into the recycling cart?
- What about trash, is that supposed to be placed loose in the trash cart?
- What about yard waste, will there be a separate container for yard waste?
- Will the carts that are delivered to my address be identifiable if they are lost or stolen?
- Will the carts be my property, or property of the city?
- What if a cart is damaged, will the city repair it?
- What if my pre-purchased additional City refuse cart is damaged, will the city repair it?
- What about bulk items, will bulk week still be the first full week of each month?