Top of the Hill Development
The Top of the Hill Project refers to the approximately four acres of City-owned property at the corner of Cedar Road and Euclid Heights Boulevard at the top of Cedar Hill. As a highly visible property at the gateway between the Heights and University Circle, developing this property has been a long-time goal of the City.
View the Top of the Hill Development Page
The MetroHealth System has announced plans to expand at their Cleveland Heights Campus with a $42 million, three-story addition to the medical center at Severance Circle. The expansion will add 110 new treatment beds for behavioral health treatment as part of the 96,000 square foot project. The new behavioral health facility is expected to serve 5,000 patients a year and create 225 jobs. The new payroll will be approximately $15 million, generating an additional $340,000 a year in payroll taxes for the city of Cleveland Heights.
View the MetroHealth Expansion Page
2728 Lancashire Road (former Unitarian Church)
The City has been contacted regarding efforts to redevelop this site, known as the former Unitarian Church site (2728 Lancashire Road). The site is approximately 0.61 acres in size and is zoned “MF-3” Multiple Family residential. It is located in close proximity to the Coventry Village Commercial District. Two City owned properties are adjacent to the church site, one on either side of the church site. These City-owned properties are currently devoted to public parking.
View the 2728 Lacashire Road Page
Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Site Redevelopment
The site is located on land consisting of surface and covered parked areas and vacant land, in the heart of, and within easy walking distance to businesses in one of the City’s most popular and vibrant commercial districts - the Cedar Lee District. This dynamic, pedestrian-oriented area is one of the largest commercial districts within the City, extending along a one mile corridor.
Neighborhood Redevelopment Program - Phase 1
The City is excited to release an RFQ/RFP seeking qualified developers to construct infill residential housing on City-controlled vacant lots. This RFQ/RFP includes 42 vacant lots concentrated in two areas of the City. The vacant lots included in the RFQ/RFP are eligible for a tax abatement through the City’s Grow Program of up to 15 years and 100%. Qualified firms are encouraged to review and respond to this opportunity to construct new single-family homes in the City.
Severance Town Center Redevelopment
The redevelopment of the privately-owned Severance Town Center as a mixed-use and walkable area consistent with the character of Cleveland Heights is a priority goal for the City. As the largest business district in Cleveland Heights, Severance Town Center’s redevelopment could provide significant amenities and opportunities. In 2017, the City worked with the National Resource Network and consulting firm HR&A to develop a feasibility study for redevelopment of the Center. The City has reached out to and is engaging with the property owners, and we look forward to a collaborative plan for redeveloping this important site.
Taylor Tudor Plaza Redevelopment
The City of Cleveland Heights seeks to identify a qualified developer or development team with whom the City can work collaboratively, to plan, rehabilitate and, ultimately, redevelop the property located at 1932 – 1946 S. Taylor Road. This largely vacant building is owned by the City and is known as the “Taylor Tudor Plaza,” which was constructed in 1928 and is part of the Stadium Square National Register Historic District. The three-story structures consist of first floor retail space with two floors of residential units above.
The Site is roughly bounded by S. Taylor Road to the east, and Superior Park Drive to the north, with private residential development on the west, and the Taylor Road Synagogue property to the south. The Site consists of Cuyahoga County parcel numbers 684-27-001, 684-26-011, and 684-26-012, and is within easy walking distance to businesses along S. Taylor Road, as well as Cain Park, which is a recreational jewel in the City and home to the City-owned arts and entertainment complex.